A solicitor calls at the station to ask Cryer to attend the reading of a will, when he may "learn something to his advantage".
Loxton investigates a burglary, and catches the burglar when he arrives at the house to return the stolen goods. The burglar had been threatened in jail by a heavy befriended by the house's owner.
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Christopher Ellison as D.I. Burnside
- Tony Scannell as D.S. Roach
- Clive Wood as D.C.I. Wray
- Kevin Lloyd as D.C. Lines
- Larry Dann as Sgt. Peters
- Roger Leach as Sgt. Penny
- Tom Butcher as P.C. Loxton
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp
- Huw Higginson as P.C. Garfield
- Trudie Goodwin as W.P.C. Ackland