Walking On Water is the 1394th episode of The Bill.
The simmering hatred between D.S. Beech and D.S. Daly reaches boiling point when Daly sets out to prove his colleague is taking bribes from gangsters. When a drugs raid goes wrong, there is suspicion that someone from Sun Hill leaked details of the raid and that the blame lies with D.C.I. Meadows' team. Meadows fiercely defends his staff against the Drugs Squad's accusations, but when the police informant Charlie Evans is found shot dead on his boat and a suicide note is found typed on his laptop computer, CID think it more likely he has been murdered. D.C. Lennox and Daly visit Danny Rickman, the man they raided that morning. As they are about to leave Lennox spots Beech arriving and greeting Rickman like an old friend. Daly is immediately suspicious that Beech provided the tip off and tries to get evidence that he is accepting bungs in return for inside information. An explosive confrontation is only hours away.
- Billy Murray as D.S. Beech
- Ray Ashcroft as D.S. Daly
- Simon Rouse as D.C.I. Meadows
- George Rossi as D.C. Lennox
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Joy Brook as W.D.C. Holmes
- Gregory Donaldson as D.C. Proctor
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Jeff Stewart as P.C. Hollis
- Clive Wedderburn as P.C. McCann
- Andrew Paul as P.C. Quinnan
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp