"Somebody Special" is the 409th episode of The Bill. It is the 13th episode of 1992. It was first broadcast in the United Kingdom on 13 February 1992 and features the final regular appearance of D.C.I Kim Reid.
D.S. Greig, about to take over as Acting D.I. tries to recruit a hardened female thief as a snout, but finds her more than a match for him. D.C.I. Reid is promoted out of Sun Hill to MS15. D.C. Carver is tasked with buying her leaving present, but his choice leaves a lot to be desired.
(Episode Cast: in credits order)
- Andrew Mackintosh as D.S. Greig
- Carolyn Pickles as D.C.I. Reid
- Christopher Ellison as D.I. Burnside
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Tony Scannell as D.S. Roach
- Nula Conwell as W.D.C. Martella
- Jon Iles as D.C. Dashwood
- Kevin Lloyd as D.C. Lines
- Peter Ellis as Ch. Supt. Brownlow
- Ben Roberts as Ch. Insp. Conway
- Sam Miller as Sgt. Maitland
- Huw Higginson as P.C. Garfield
- Tom Butcher as P.C. Loxton
- Seeta Indrani as W.P.C. Datta
- Bronagh Gallagher as Nicola Purdy
- Final regular appearance of D.C.I. Kim Reid (Carolyn Pickles). She returns with a guest appearance in the episode A Scandalous Act.
- Bronagh Gallagher reprises her role as Nicola Purdy in the 1993 episode Trust.
- In this episode Reid says "...[she] wasn't about to disappear in a puff of smoke like Gordon Wray...". This refers to how quickly Wray left Sun Hill after his affair with W.P.C. Ackland.
- In the episode "Part of the Furniture", when Dashwood receives his leaving present he thanks Carver, but D.I. Burnside is quick to add "[Carver] didn't buy it, not after that Kim Reid fiasco...", in reference to this episode.
- Internet Movie Database at the