D.I. Burnside briefs officers at the start of a major surveillance operation. The aim is to catch a man responsible for a number of attacks on women. W.P.C. Ackland would have liked to have been involved in the operation, but instead gets sent to deal with a domestic, where a woman claims that her husband has threatened to kill her. Ackland discovers a radio scanner, and after the husband returns she immediately realises that he is the target of Burnside's operation. She sets off to follow him, discovering another attack victim, and ends up being attacked herself.
D.S. Roach and D.C. Dashwood's observation point is in the flat temporarily occupied by the Cleghorns, the obnoxious couple who showed up at the station to complain about their burglary not being investigated. By chance, the burglary gang appear nearby, but Roach and Dashwood are unable to do anything as they can't find their shoes, which the Cleghorns insisted they removed.
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Trudie Goodwin as W.P.C. Ackland
- Christopher Ellison as D.I. Burnside
- Tony Scannell as D.S. Roach
- Andrew Mackintosh as D.S. Greig
- Kevin Lloyd as D.C. Lines
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Jon Iles as D.C. Dashwood
- Nula Conwell as W.D.C. Martella
- Ben Roberts as Ch. Insp. Conway
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp
- Colin Alldridge as P.C. Young
- Vikki Gee-Dare as W.P.C. Ford
- This episode continues the story from the previous episode, Victims.