PCs Knight and Taylor are alerted to the discovery of a young woman's body on a rubbish tip. Suspicion falls on the woman's partner, and the officers race to find the woman's partner before he harms himself or their young son.
However, once they arrive, it is too late. The man has hung himself (though he is later revived)
As PC Taylor searches upstairs for the little boy, he finds the boys body. He thinks the boy must be asleep as he is lying on his bed. But when PC Taylor rolls him over, his eyes are wide open and he is dead.
PC Taylor goes in to shock and after he tears himself away he sits himself on the stairs and won't answer Kirsty. When Kirsty tries to walk up to see Paolo (the young boy) Leon shouts at her and grabs her and tells her not to go up there. "DON'T GO UP THERE!" he shouts at her. Kirsty is initially shocked by his reaction but then responds with, "Paolo's dead, isn't he?"
After the exhausting day at work, Kirsty and Leon join fellow coleagues at the pub for the daily drink. Leon is stressed and turns around sharply, very on edge, when one of his best mate's (PC Ben Gayle) taps him. Kirsty convinces him to drink something stronger, so they do.
The two are laughing and having fun when Leon suddenly starts remembering the sequences of the day. Kirsty decides it is time to leave and they do.
They wait outside for a cab. Kirsty is holding Leon when the two find themselves kissing.
- Dominic Power as PC Leon Taylor
- Sarah Manners as PC Kirsty Knight
- Andrew Lancel as DI Neil Manson
- Amita Dhiri as DC Grace Dasari
- Lucy Speed as DS Stevie Moss
- Patrick Robinson as DC Jacob Banks
- Bruce Byron as DC Terry Perkins
- Micah Balfour as PC Benjamin Gayle
- Sam Callis as Sgt Callum Stone
- Chris Simmons as DC Mickey Webb
- Ben Richards as PC Nate Roberts
- Rhea Bailey as PC Mel Ryder
- John Bowler as PC Roger Valentine
- Jason Barnett as CSE Eddie Olosunje