Slinging Mud is the 1400th episode of The Bill.
D.C.I. Meadows is in court for the prosecution of a notorious drug dealer, Frankie Lester. D.C. Rawton has been keeping an eye on prime witness Anna, but is concerned when Lester tries to intimidate her. Meanwhile, a cleaner finds an envelope stashed underneath D.C. Proctor's desk which contains £5,000 in used banknotes. Proctor denies all knowledge, and Meadows soon realises that Lester had the money planted to create allegations of corruption. His day goes from bad to worse when the defence counsel tries to accuse him of taking bungs, as Lester has opened a bank account in his name and has laundered £86,000 of dodgy money through it, setting Meadows up. He and D.I. Deakin go all out to prove his innocence.
- Simon Rouse as D.C.I. Meadows
- Shaun Scott as D.I. Deakin
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Iain Fletcher as D.C. Skase
- Gregory Donaldson as D.C. Proctor
- Libby Davison as D.C. Rawton
- Peter Ellis as Ch. Supt. Brownlow
- Colin Tarrant as Insp. Monroe
- Trudie Goodwin as Sgt. Ackland
- Clive Wedderburn as P.C. McCann
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp
- Samantha Robson as P.C. Hagen