W.P.C. Brind is late for parade, and misses a warning to the uniform relief to stay away from the Dock Industrial Estate, where C.I.D. and a P.T.17 team are awaiting a security van robbery. While on foot patrol, Brind chases a young girl onto the estate and into the middle of the operation. Burnside stops a suspicious van, but it turns out to be full of fish. Brind is yelled at by Burnside and Sgt. Cryer, but she has her suspicions about the girl, Jane, and her family. Meanwhile, Burnside discovers that the security van visits the estate twice, and he races back with all the armed officers he can muster, just in time to catch the robbers. Brind returns to Jane's flat where she discovers a bedroom full of stolen goods. She arrests Jane's mother, who turns out to be one of Burnside's snouts.
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Christopher Ellison as D.I. Burnside
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Jon Iles as D.C. Dashwood
- Kelly Lawrence as W.P.C. Brind
- Robert Hudson as P.C. Smith
- Barbara Thorn as Insp. Frazer
- Colin Blumenau as P.C. Edwards
- Peter Ellis as Ch. Supt. Brownlow
- Larry Dann as Sgt. Peters
- Ashley Gunstock as P.C. Frank
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp
Burnside asks Dashwood who in the station has "pink cards" – police firearms permits. Dashwood lists Burnside and himself, Sgt. Cryer and P.C. Stamp. D.S. Ted Roach had his firearms permit revoked in Hold Fire.
Once again, Burnside goes over Sgt. Cryer's head to get one of his informants released. This happened in first episode, Funny Ol' Business – Cops & Robbers, when P.C. Carver's first arrest was of another of Burnside's informants.