Police Powers is the 234th episode of The Bill.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The relief are on duty at a football match. At half-time, Sgt. Cryer arrests one of the players for GBH, after he assaulted the opposition's goalkeeper in the tunnel. While the two teams' chairmen try to keep the police uninvolved, Insp. Monroe has the arrested player taken back to the station after the game, followed by crowds of fans as well as the press. The crowd invades the pitch and P.C. Garfield is injured. When the injured goalkeeper won't press charges, Cryer tries to charge the player with affray instead. Sgt. Peters feels his position as Custody Officer is being undermined. P.C. Steve Loxton arrives as a replacement officer for P.C. Timothy Able.
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Peter Ellis as Ch. Supt. Brownlow
- Colin Tarrant as Insp. Monroe
- Larry Dann as Sgt. Peters
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp
- Trudie Goodwin as W.P.C. Ackland
- Huw Higginson as P.C. Garfield
- Tom Butcher as P.C. Loxton
- Seeta Indrani as W.P.C. Datta
- Colin Alldridge as P.C. Young
Notes[edit | edit source]
Although much of this episode takes place at a football stadium, all that is seen are the tunnel and the dressing rooms---the match itself takes place off-camera.