Sun Hill police are being called out to a series of bogus shouts which the Yard pins down to a computer hacker breaking into the police computer network. Sgt. Cryer investigates, and finds a former university student who has a acquired an ex-MOD computer which still had access codes to government and police networks on the hard drive.
W.P.C. Ackland visits a woman who is too scared to leave her flat as she has been repeatedly mugged. Ackland convinces her to go out to get some cigarettes, but when they return, her flat has been trashed. June arranges for her to be moved off the estate.
D.S. Roach, D.C. Dashwood and D.C. Carver watch as a car is pulled out of the river with the body of a young woman inside. They question the car owner who had reported it stolen, but he is clearly hiding something. Roach must inform Sgt. Cryer that it was his son, Patrick, who was driving the car when it went into the river, and that he'd left the scene.
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Tony Scannell as D.S. Roach
- Jon Iles as D.C. Dashwood
- Trudie Goodwin as W.P.C. Ackland
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Roger Leach as Sgt. Penny
- Nula Conwell as W.P.C. Martella
- Nick Reding as P.C. Ramsey
- Eamonn Walker as P.C. Haynes
- Robert Hudson as P.C. Smith
- Colin Blumenau as P.C. Edwards
- Larry Dann as Sgt. Peters
- Ashley Gunstock as P.C. Frank
- Graham Cole as P.C. Stamp