P.C. Worrell and P.C. Quinnan attend to a woman threatening to jump off a bridge. She turns out to be Sarah Collins, the wife of DS Terry Collins from Stafford Row CID. Despite the doubts of some of her colleagues, Worrell is determined to pursue the matter as a domestic violence case. She convinces Sarah to make a statement and testify in court by telling Sarah of her own experience with domestic violence. The case is dismissed, however - Sarah becomes reluctant to testify, and there are doubts about her character. When Worrell goes to check on her at the Collins house, she finds that Sarah has murdered her husband. Meanwhile, Quinnan struggles to find the right time to tell his wife about his affair with P.C. Page.
- Jane Wall as PC Di Worrell
- Andrew Paul as PC Dave Quinnan
- Lisa Geoghan as PC Polly Page
- Graham Cole as PC Tony Stamp
- Trudie Goodwin as Sgt June Ackland
- Tony O'Callaghan as Sgt Matthew Boyden
- Colin Tarrant as Insp Andrew Monroe
- Matthew Crompton as PC Sam Harker
- Rene Zagger as PC Nick Klein
- Samantha Robson as PC Vicky Hagen
- Jeff Stewart as PC Reg Hollis
- Suzanne Maddock as PC Cass Rickman
- Mark Wingett as PC Jim Carver
Andrew Bicknell guest stars as Terry Collins in this episode.