The building work on the station is causing various problems: Sgt. Penny is complaining to Insp. Monroe about the state of the cells, prisoners are to be held temporarily at Barton Street, all the toilets are blocked, while Ch. Supt. Brownlow is not happy about having to share a portacabin with Ch. Insp. Conway.
Monroe is not happy with P.C. Quinnan's attitude, with him turning up late for parade, and not following up an assault by a strip club bouncer, who turns out to be an acquaintance of Quinnan's. D.I. Burnside wants a child molester caught: Monroe recognises the identikit of the suspect as the man being thrown out of the club by the bouncer when they arrived. P.C. Hollis discovers the suspect, who has severe learning difficultes, sitting on a park bench.
- Eric Richard as Sgt. Cryer
- Christopher Ellison as D.I. Burnside
- Jon Iles as D.C. Dashwood
- Kevin Lloyd as D.C. Lines
- Peter Ellis as Ch. Supt. Brownlow
- Ben Roberts as Ch. Insp. Conway
- Colin Tarrant as Insp. Monroe
- Roger Leach as Sgt. Penny
- Larry Dann as Sgt. Peters
- Andrew Paul as P.C. Quinnan
- Chris Humphreys as P.C. Turnham
- Jeff Stewart as P.C. Hollis
- Lynne Miller as W.P.C. Marshall
- Vikki Gee-Dare as W.P.C. Ford
- Last regular appearance of P.C. Richard Turnham.