A Case To Answer is the 232nd episode of The Bill.
W.D.C. Martella is in court for the rape case committal hearing. Marie wants to drop the allegation. D.C. Carver and D.C. Dashwood surprise D.C. Lines, who has fallen asleep on an obbo. Lines is enquiring about stolen scotch. D.I. Burnside offers Lines some overtime. Burnside and D.S. Roach help Dashwood and Carver catch the gang. New D.C.I. Gordon Wray talks to Ch. Supt. Brownlow about how he is going to run CID.
- Christopher Ellison as D.I. Burnside
- Clive Wood as D.C.I. Wray
- Nula Conwell as W.D.C. Martella
- Jon Iles as D.C. Dashwood
- Mark Wingett as D.C. Carver
- Tony Scannell as D.S. Roach
- Kevin Lloyd as D.C. Lines
- Andrew Mackintosh as D.S. Greig
- Peter Ellis as Ch. Supt. Brownlow
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cyril Nri, who plays Julian Bates, would later join the cast as Superintendent Adam Okaro.
- Caroline Langrishe guest stars as Perditia Flaxton-Green in this episode.
- First regular appearance of Clive Wood as DCI. Gordon Wray, who arrives at Sun Hill on promotion. He previously appeared (as D.I. Wray) in the episodes Middleman, Corkscrew and (briefly) Canley Fields.
- This episode follows on from the events in The Night Watch.