PC Tony Stamp organises a Sun Hill team to play a match against a group of young offenders. He's got his job cut out for him convincing Cass she's their secret star weapon and keeping Matt Boyden and Craig Gilmore from shedding blood on the pitch.
While Matt's unrelenting homophobic comments cause the two sergeants to practically trade punches it's the young offenders that come under the spotlight during the game. After an old man is discovered dead in his council flat nasty rumours about his paedophilic past mean Danny and Eva have their work cut out getting the truth out of the kids.
Meanwhile Danny's in a crisis. He's got an interview with the MIT team and Des's career hangs in the balance while he decides whether or not to corroborate his story. Should he say he heard Simpson confessing to blowing up Sun Hill and killing some of it's finest officers, does the end justify the means?
And CID doesn't get any calmer. With Danny in knots, Duncan still coping with his separation, Mickey and Jack still chasing the Superintendent's tail, a cat fight between DS Debbie McAllister is pretty much par for the course. And when Mr Chandler catches them swinging at each other, no holds barred, he has a word or two to say about it. Not before watching for a while though. 
- Karl Collins as DC Danny Glaze
- Hywel Simons as Sgt Craig Gilmore
- Tony O'Callaghan as Sgt Matthew Boyden
- Diane Parish as DC Eva Sharpe
- Graham Cole as PC Tony Stamp
- Natalie Roles as DS Debbie McAllister
- Rene Zagger as PC Nick Klein
- Suzanne Maddock as PC Cass Rickman
- Paul Usher as PC Des Taviner
- Steven Hartley as Supt Tom Chandler
- Simon Rouse as DCI Jack Meadows
- Trudie Goodwin as Sgt June Ackland
- Jeff Stewart as PC Reg Hollis
- Ged Simmons as DI Alex Cullen
- George Rossi as DC Duncan Lennox
- Mark Wingett as PC Jim Carver
- Connie Hyde as PC Cathy Bradford