An old style big time crook, Frankie Steele, pays a visit to Sun Hill and asks DCI Jack Meadows to scare his youngest son, Toby, away from the crime game…without letting on it was his own dad who's grassed him up.
While it seems like a simple nick 'em and scare' em kind of job, Jack's been burnt by Frankie's kind before, and unless he gets some kind of favour in return it's not going ahead. More importantly, can he risk screwing up while trying to bring down Superintendent Chandler?
PC Des Taviner is uncharacteristically eager to let PC Tony Stamp drive the area car for the shift while he accompanies MIT on the search at Simpson's bookshop premises. When a pair of trousers covered in glass and fuel turns up in his wardrobe Simpson swears blind it's a fit up…and finally loses his cool.
While the majority of the relief enjoy a laugh with Reg's lottery scheme, relations are not running so smoothly in CID. DC Eva Sharpe receives some bad news DS Debbie McAllister should have relayed to her earlier in the day. It couldn't be further from shake hands and make up time. 
- Diane Parish as DC Eva Sharpe
- Natalie Roles as DS Debbie McAllister
- Ged Simmons as DI Alex Cullen
- Paul Usher as PC Des Taviner
- Jeff Stewart as PC Reg Hollis
- Mark Wingett as PC Jim Carver
- Karl Collins as DC Danny Glaze
- George Rossi as DC Duncan Lennox
- Trudie Goodwin as Sgt June Ackland
- Simon Rouse as DCI Jack Meadows
- Graham Cole as PC Tony Stamp
- Connie Hyde as PC Cathy Bradford
- Chris Simmons as DC Mickey Webb
- Suzanne Maddock as PC Cass Rickman
- Rene Zagger as PC Nick Klein