It's the day of the memorial service and Supt Chandler is determined to make a good impression and a moving speech. While Des carries the Met Standard down the aisle the real weight is on his mind. He's just been assigned a babysitting task he'd really rather not have and all eyes are on him today. Reg lends a sympathetic ear and proves his friendship. Meanwhile Harry Fullerton, the decorator employed to renovate Sun Hill before the explosion (and top of the Murder Investigation Team's most wanted list), makes an unwelcome appearance. PC Tony Stamp can't believe the cheek of him and starts to cause a scene. Luckily the old guard is on hand with a characteristically level head. New CID member DC Eva Sharpe turns up for her first day on the job. After practically ploughing into DC Mickey Webb's car she's told to take over his case while he attends the service. While Mickey would rather not listen to the superintendent's eulogy he relents and Eva goes to keep an eye on local a drug dealer. She's supposed to make sure he stays put but he gives her the slip. Not a great way to start her Sun Hill career. DS Debbie McAllister, never one to miss an opportunity for self-promotion, seizes a moment to tell Chandler how wonderful his speech was. After suggesting a quiet moment alone together they find themselves caught up in the moment and discover new ways to use the bench in the disabled loos.
- Paul Usher as PC Des Taviner
- Jeff Stewart as PC Reg Hollis
- Steven Hartley as Supt Tom Chandler
- Natalie Roles as DS Debbie McAllister
- Diane Parish as DC Eva Sharpe
- Chris Simmons as DC Mickey Webb
- Graham Cole as PC Tony Stamp
- Tony O'Callaghan as Sgt Matthew Boyden
- Trudie Goodwin as Sgt June Ackland
- Mark Wingett as PC Jim Carver
- Simon Rouse as DCI Jack Meadows
- Hywel Simons as Sgt Craig Gilmore
- Karl Collins as DC Danny Glaze
- George Rossi as DC Duncan Lennox
- Rene Zagger as PC Nick Klein
- Suzanne Maddock as PC Cass Rickman
- Ged Simmons as DI Alex Cullen
- Connie Hyde as PC Cathy Bradford
- Eric Richard as Bob Cryer
- Peter Ellis as Charles Brownlow
Charles Brownlow (Peter Ellis) and Bob Cryer (Eric Richard), chief superintendent and sergeant at Sun Hill from the first episode until 2000 and 2001 respectively, make cameo appearances in this episode.
Gabrielle Hamilton guest stars as Mrs. Lloyd in this episode.